DIY Troll-themed Easter baskets
Are your kids head-over-heels in love with the popular DreamWorks movie, Trolls? Mine are, and since Easter is right around the corner, I thought I would surprise my little ones with these homemade Poppy and Branch baskets.
Here’s how I did it:
- Glue gun
- Pink paint and sparkles (for Poppy’s cheeks)
- Coloured pieces of felt (I referenced a photo of Poppy & Branch when I was at the store picking out colours)
I bought all of my supplies at the local dollar store, except for the boa I used for Branch’s hair. It’s a specific blue, so I went to Michaels for that.
- Cut the eyes, nose, ears, eyebrows and eyelashes out of the coloured felt pieces. Again, I referenced photos of the characters online for this part. Tip: if you’re making more than one basket, cut all the facial features using a stencil made from cardboard to ensure the faces remain proportionate.
- Line up the felt pieces on the basket to ensure size and glue them down.
- Glue the boa along the top of the basket handle. If the boa is on the thin side, try wrapping it around the handle to make it a look a little more full. Cut off extra pieces.
Tip: Make sure to keep the vacuum handy, feathers are going to fly!
4. Line the basket with leftover boa, Easter basket filling and decorative eggs.
And there you have it, a colourful basket from their favourite magical movie – made easy!