Whether your kids turn into crazed, chocolate junkies at the checkout, or you just plain hate grocery shopping, Superstore’s Click and Collect service is an absolute must-try.
I know, I was skeptical too. There has to be a catch, right? Some hidden fee buried deep down on your bill somewhere. Well, as soon as my little, angelic, grocery shopping sidekicks turned on me, I decided to look into this new service.
To my surprise, Superstore’s Click and Collect service is only $3 (weekday)-$5 (weekend) – that’s it. A few bucks to save my sanity? I decided to give it a try.
How it works:
- Head onto the Superstore website, create an account and start searching for food. Tip: search under your previous orders to find all the goodies you purchase on a regular basis to speed up your ordering. If you use a PC points card, your previous orders from in-store shopping will be listed.
- Pick a date and time for pickup (these are set in three hour blocks), and an employee at the store does all the shopping for you.
- Once you receive an email that your order is ready to pick up, check it over to make sure they had everything you need.
- Head to the store, park in the Click and Collect stall and call the number provided in the email. Your groceries are loaded into your car within a few minutes.
- Ordering your groceries online the night before gives you the time to make sure you don’t miss anything, and you can also see how much it’s going to cost as your items add up.
- If it’s physically difficult to shop, this is a perfect alternative. You don’t even have to get out of your car.
- You can order groceries from anywhere, right on your phone, so you can time your pickup for when you’re on your way home from work, or after a play date, etc.
- If you’re a mom, this service saves you precious time. Getting ready to go grocery shopping with two young kids, heading to the store and shopping took us a few hours. Now, it takes just 20 minutes to pick up our groceries.
- It’s affordable. Skip your Starbucks drive-thru for a day and your pickup is paid for.
- The employees are incredibly friendly and helpful. I once had to wait a few extra minutes for an order I placed two days before Christmas. The employee apologized and removed the $3 service fee from my bill.
- The process of ordering online is simple and the website is easy to navigate.
You may be wondering…
Do they pick fresh produce? Absolutely. For the majority of our produce, we head to the farmer’s market, but if I need a bunch of bananas or some cilantro, I’ll add it to my order. I’ve never been disappointed with what they’ve included.
Do they miss anything on the order? I’ve done Click and Collect a dozen times now and all grapes were accounted for.
If you have more questions, check out Superstore’s extensive FAQs.
As a busy mom with two young children who are always crying for Kinder Surprise eggs at the store, Superstore’s Click and Collect service is a dream come true. I doubt I will ever go back to weaving a grocery cart up and down the aisles – at least until my kids are in high school.
Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this review. I’m simply in love with this new grocery shopping service and feel this is something everyone should try.
Image source: Kempton/Flickr