1. Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother (age 0 – 24 months)
Light, sound and motion. This aquarium toy is aimed to sooth your baby to sleep in the crib, but Layla loves to rock out to it all day long. I especially like this toy because it’s tolerable, and it comes with a remote.
2. Baby Einstein Neptune Ocean Orchestra Musical Toy (3 months+)
I see this turtle guy posted in many of my friend’s Facebook photos, and for good reason! It’s great for discovering musical instruments and it also plays eight classical melodies.
3. Fisher-Price Peek a Blocks Shape Sorter set (6 months+)
This toy doesn’t play songs, but it does give a jingle when the block shapes are placed in it. Layla loves this for all of its unique teaching components.
4. Fisher-Price Little People See n’ Say Farmer Eddie Says (4 years+)
You can’t go wrong with this classic. It says that its for four years and up, but Layla is 15-months-old and is already pointing out the animals. She also loves clapping along to the the songs.
5. VTech – Splashing Penguin (12 months+)
This is a great interactive toy for bath time. It teaches counting and colours, and it plays a few tunes you can’t help but sing along to.
6. Vtech – Light & Move Learning Ball (6 – 11 months)
This ball rolls and shakes on its own. It can be a little on the annoying side for adults, but it has 15 melodies to get your baby’s motor running.
When Layla discovered our TV remote we thought this would be a great substitution and we weren’t disappointed. She loves to push the buttons and dance to its overly catchy tunes.
8. Sesame Street Music Player and Storybook (2 years+)
Layla is too little to use the storybook with the player, but she loves playing the discs and dancing to them. All of the songs are classic nursery rhymes as well , which she practises at daycare all day long.
9. Fisher-Price Growing Baby Musical Xylo Fish (12 months+)
What baby doesn’t like to play their own music? This xylophone was a great musical cause and effect introduction for Layla. I also make homemade rattles for her with noodles in Tupperware. We’re planning to start a band soon.
10. Musical microphone (12 months+)
Because what child doesn’t want to sing along with all of their toys?